A Quick Puppet Making Lesson with @Teachercast

I know that using puppets as part of daily classroom practice may not be for every teacher, but it works for me.  Most days it works better than I believe it ever should, reinforcing my belief that puppets are magic.

In my case, the puppets work because it enables me to populate my class with characters that help break down barriers between me and my students (as well as the adults in the room).

While I sometimes fall down the rabbit hole of complex puppet construction and design, puppets can be very simple and my favorite ones are.  In this short conversation with Jeff Bradbury I talk about how I use videos to support my work in class.  I make quick into videos and I use the puppets to recapture the student's attention when I need them to refocus on me for the next piece of instruction.  What questions do you have about using puppets in class?

Comments