How Do I Learn to Make Awesome Videos?

If you want to learn how to make really cool video content for your classroom, or your community group, or for any other reason, I have a perfect method: take the equipment you have on hand, learn how to do every thing it can.

I like to have an on-going "learning project" a place where I can make video content that allows me to try out a creation or editing platform when my entire lesson is on the line.  I like this format also because it allows me to make really short videos, a great way to test drive different work flows.

For example this video was shot and produced using iMovie all in my phone

And this video was created using the YouTube capture and edit tools

this video was shot with a conventional camera and imported into wirecast for our weekly techeducator podcast.  I like to use this ongoing video project to learn more about video and to always be trying new things.

This video I shot with my iPad, but then transferred the footage to my laptop and produced it with Camtasia.

Comments