Template for a 1/2 Legal Book in Publisher

Despite my obsession with a paperless classroom, I have a longstanding love affair with book making.  I like working with students to help them create their own books.

My school has MS Publisher in its suite of programs.  Publisher is a robust layout program with a powerful booklet maker that allows students to build a book in order and print it out "folio style" so it can be stapled together into a booklet.

In fourth grade we ask our students to write a book review book.  We have created a template in publisher for a 1/2 legal book.  I used Evernote to upload the template file and share it with the students.

I used "Cupcake Ipsum" for the filler text, the students opened the template and then used "save as" to create their own file.

Link to the MS Publisher Template

Comments