Why voice response is so effective, and how to do it in google drive

I like talking with students, out loud, about their writing because when I speak I can control the tone.  When I write my response I have no idea what the voice in their head sounds like, but 9 will give you 10 that the voice is full of the anxiety and self-doubt I always hear when I look at someone's response to my writing.
I was talking with Max, a key member of the team behind Learn.ly, an app that pairs voice comments with highlighting WITHIN GOOGLE DOCS, yes it is so cool I just started shouting.

Max sent me a link and I sent it out to the key members of last nights #PATUE chat on responding to student writing.  the response was great, read for yourself and check out the app.

Let me know what you think, let Max know too.  These developers need teacher's feedback.  We are the crossing guards at the intersection of pedagogy and technology. Here is a quick video where I try it out and it works

Comments