Legos in Edu


Bo and Yana with building attachment


I never thought I would use LEGO as a teaching tool.  I built with them back in the free range age of lego.  I built houses and square rockets and looked with longing at the advanced building sets.  Like so many interests this faded and I went on to more books, writing, poetry, and other foibles of middle youth.
The tech lab I call my room has many lego kits, 3 generations of lego robotics is various states of completion.  I have been learning the basics as quickly as I can, and as soon as I learn something I am trying to figure out how to shape learning around that.  I am surrounded by awesome tools and i am sprinting to try to figure out how to implement the best learning.  
Luckily I have some really smart teachers in my PLN and we all got together to talk about LEGO in education last week.  I was prepping for a board meeting (link) during the chat, so. Nathan Stevens (link) had stepped up and ran a great chat.  I loved how he put his questions together.  Barbara from livebinders archived the chat on storify, thanks, 

Comments