Retiring #PATUE Chat

I have LOVED running the #PATUE (pedagogy and Technology Used in Education) chat since November of 2012.  In that time, I have chatted about all kinds of topics with awesome educators and met so many amazing teachers.
Running a twitter chat has given me the ability to learn about a new topic every week.  I know things about augmented reality, movie making, standards, and running parent conferences that I would not have learned were it not for #PATUE.
That said, I started #PATUE because #Edchat was great, but hard to follow and there was not enough deep discussion of Pedagogy and I could not find a smallish pedagogy centered chat.  Thomas Murray, keeper of the uber-chat list, estimates that since I launched #PATUE there have been over 100 twitter chats formed in the ED world.
In the time since #PATUE has started almost everything in my professional life has changed.  Whereas I used to teach writing and literature to high school students, now I teach programming to kindergartners.  As my work has changed so has my learning, and so it is time for me to retire #PATUE from its weekly schedule.  I am sure I will run up the #PATUE flag on occasion and host a special edition twitter chat.  I am also sure you will see me more active in the #CAEDCHAT community.
Thank you for all of your participation and support and in the words of @EDUFELON "If you have never been to Twitter Jail you are not tweeting hard enough"

Comments