Ipad Green Screen from Do Ink


This video was shot on my Ipad, and the green screen was applied in the moment using Green Screen by DO Ink.  I was pretty happy with the apps ease of use.  It did what I expected and the controls were simple.  I was able to film this in front of my puppet green screen using a tripod for my Ipad.  I used the front camera, even though the back camera is a better lens.  I needed to see what I was doing.  I had the images loaded onto the camera role of my iPad.
Workflow note: I used my desktop to find the images using Google's advanced image search to find images I was allowed to use or modify, even commercially.  I saved all the images onto the drive and attached them to an Evernote note.  I opened the Evernote note on my iPad and saved the images to the camera role my clicking and holding on the images once the "album" opened.
I shot this film using the Do Ink app, but I combined and annotated it in Camtasia.  I have uploaded the final to screencast.com but will cross post to youtube.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Sam,
My name is Emily and I’m the community manager for Shadow Puppet, a free storytelling app for iPhone and iPad. With Shadow Puppet you can easily create a narrated slideshow from photos, share it via email, SMS or on social networks, and embed it on a website or blog. When we designed Shadow Puppet, we made sure that it was a tool that both children and adults would find quick and easy to use, helpful for sharing ideas and fun to boot.

We’ve gotten some great press so far (Tech Crunch, Mashable, Forbes) and have seen quite a bit of use of Shadow Puppet in the classroom, from kindergartens to universities. Now we are reaching out to folks who are active in the education technology space to get Shadow Puppet in front of more teachers. We'd love to talk with you more! Please feel free to shoot me an email at emily@shadowpuppet.co if you're interested. Thanks for your time!