Podcasting with the Juno Front Row

Even though it is already the end of October, I feel like I am just getting settled in the new job.  When I was teaching in my own classrom I had a great deal of time to set things up and I didn't have to think about any other users.  This year I am working out of a tech lab and that means that whatever I set up has to be usable by pretty much the whole school.
In many ways I am excited about this because it means I can share my screencasting set up with my fellow teachers and even get kids making screencasts. 
I have also been trying to develop a space in the room that is easily convertable into a podcasting studio space.  The Heart of this effort is my juno Front Row speaker and amplifier.  If you have listened to many podcasts then you know how much difference a good microphone can make.  For a long time on the Tech educator opdcast I was using my phone headset on the computer and while it worked I was tethered to the front of the machine.  Now that I have the Juno mic connected I have full range of motion, which is really important as it seems like I am forever getting up to grab another puppet or move a light or background. 
I love how universal the Juno is.  If I can't get one of my machines to connect it is easy to plug the mic output into another machine and keep moving.  Also the Juno saves me the hassle of having to learn and set up a sound mixing board.  I can mix 2 microphones with any other audio source and have high quality sound production on the fly.  The Juno amp serves as a sound mixer.
So in addition to saving my voice everyday in the lab, this great amp is a constant partner in podcasting.  Got questions about how it works or how I use it? Leave a comment.  Please check out this great mic on the TechEducator Podcast.
TechEducator Podcast on Stitcher Radio

TechEducator Podcast.Audio Player  TechEducator Podcast Video Player iTunes Audio: iTunes Video:

Comments