Feed Your Passions with a Good Keynote: Alfie Kohn at #ISF13

Thanks to the great folks at IntegratED.  For their conference keynote they brought in Alfie Kohn.  I have always enjoyed reading and listening to Alfie Kohn.  He helped shape my understanding of what education can be on a large scale and in my classroom.
Getting to share the evening with such a dedicated voice in progressive education was energizing.  It was interesting that the audience was the most hardcore edu-tech folks I know, Dr, Kohn's flight had been delayed multiple times and the event has much later than had been scheduled, so by 7:30 only the truly dedicated where still in the room, and they were all tweeting.  Even when I wasn't following the #ISF13 hashtag, my feed was blowing up with Kohn tweets.
Thank you Alife Kohn for doing to work you do, for saying the sentences that guide us through the daily challenge of teaching better in a system that may not be designed to help us do that.

Comments