Auditing My Paperless Classroom

This summer I have had the honor of teaching in the Dawson College Bound summer program in Las Vegas. I have the students writing on Kidblog (please visit their site).
I did an audit of the room and here is what I found:
I made 9 posters to keep reminders visible to the kids and I had 4 pieces of paper on my desk to keep reminders visible to me.  These quick reference sheets of class rosters and schedules keep me on track.  The student posters about how to write with detail, and how many posts we are working on keep the most needed information accessible.
The only paper I printed out were the instructions about how to log on to the Kidblog site from home, not too bad, but next time I think I will send those instructions out using Remind 101.

Comments

RyanArcher said…
Pretty impressive - I hope to get somewhere close to that this year...wish me luck!
Sam Patterson said…
It is challenging to be sure, it requires a great deal of tech support and planning. I didn't even think of using remind 101 until I was writing this post.
Thanks for sharing this Sam - keep fighting the good fight! Here is my post on pledging to go paperless: http://goo.gl/53M3N I am adding a link to your post to it now. Thanks again, Bob
Unknown said…
Nice! Love your dedication to the paperless learning environment. Now, let's work on a reusable coffee cup! :)
Sam Patterson said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam Patterson said…
Baby steps right? Actually I have a car full of reusable coffee cups, but I always forget to bring them in and wash them. (ewww) I guess I need to modify my workflow to better support my paperless mission.
Anonymous said…
I would like to suggest you take the poster content and put in on the computers as screen savers and desktop pictures. Set the picture refresh for every 5 or 10 minutes and the students will see all 9 ideas/pointers for writing on the computer screen, which seems to be where they focus anyway.