My EduPassion: High Engagement Learning and Teaching


When I think about what I want TO DO, I keep coming back to the moments in my own education when the world of writing was opened to me.
What I want to do is. . . empower students to use writing to change their lives. So I teach writing as best as I can to as many students as I can. Best case: I teach writing in an immersive camp-style informal education environment. And there are opportunities to be a transformative teacher of writing in so many contexts. I feel most at home with students from middle school through community college (a HUGE range) but writers have common needs, skills to develop.
I want to help other teachers also empower students, I want to share strategies and learn from a wide range of teacher friends. I want to help by sharing my experience and encouraging other teachers to empower students and write with the students.
Why the dog? I love this pug, her name is Pie. She looks like this when she is happy.

Comments