PBL = Puppet Based Learning

Yesterday I rolled out my newest Project Based Learning adventure.  The goal is to create a full length puppet production of Julius Caesar in our English class.



How to build a puppet


So I started learning about puppet building with a youtube search.  I should say, I learned 90% of what I know about puppet making from watching youtube.  Here is a short playlist .



How do I build Rome out of Puppets? 


I have made 3 foam head puppets to date, and I figure the play will need about 20.  I know we are going to need supplies:

  • 1/2 foam available at JoAnn Fabrics, in sheets sold my the yard, we likely need 10 yards.
  • Glue- contact cement or low temp hot melt glue and low temp gun. (I get nervous with kids and glue)
  • No-pill fleece Reds and Blues 6 yards of each 
  • Felt 15 red, 6 black, and 6 white felt squares
  • Hair ? faux fur or feathers both seem to work
  • Look for a google Doc to be posted with pattern and design ideas

 

How do I design a Puppet?

 

  • Who you are designing is important, the characters need to be designed to help build understanding.  (perhaps Caesar and his ppl are blue and the conspirators are red)


How do I learn more about using Imovie?


How to use green screen in imovie

I will update this page with resources as we need them.  Please leaves any questions in the comments.  Thanks.



Comments