PATUE TALK, Teachers, Parents, and Ed-tech (ers?)

Tuesday 11/13 was the first session of PATUE TALK, a weekly professional development conference for teachers, parents, and members of the ed tech industry to talk and work together.
PATUE, Palo Alto Technology using Educators, teachers using tech, twitter for teachers
Jack frm Claco Tweeting @ PATUE 
patue, palo alto technology using educators, palo alto twitter using educators, spitting distance from silicon valley, teachers and parents, teachers, parents, parents and edtech, edtech, educational technology, learning online, twitter chat, weekly conference series, professional development for teachers, professional organization for teachersMy goals as the organizer were several.  First, I wanted to get more teachers in my immediate community connected to technology. I have been working on developing best practices in ed tech application and it is visible in the work coming out of my room.  I also want teachers to experience the support and growth I have experienced in my time as a connected teacher.  When I talk about connected teaching I think I always start from the challenges, because that is where most teachers get stuck.  Teachers are not running a start-up and can't embrace the possibility of failure.  So they need to talk with people who have experience with tech tools in order to decide which are truly worth trying.
patue, palo alto technology using educators, palo alto twitter using educators, spitting distance from silicon valley, teachers and parents, teachers, parents, parents and edtech, edtech, educational technology, learning online, twitter chat, weekly conference series, professional development for teachers, professional organization for teachers
PATUE CHAT
Finally I want to build more casual community around education and technology.  To create the connected leaders of the future we have to define, shape, and model what that means.

I want all teachers to be able to find the support and community I enjoy through my PLN.  Towards that end I am trying many ways to capture and share these sessions.  Look for livestreaming via google hangouts.  For this First session I caught a bunch of it thanks to josh, a student on the camera.  I have produced three "micro-PD" videos of twitter tips and folks to follow.  Let me know what you like and I will make more of it.


Short Names are Cool  


 Finding Teachers to Follow  


Teachers to Follow

Comments