Build your PLN: Host a Tweet-in

In my daily work I email things out from twitter, and I think of it more than I do it.  I wish my colleagues were on twitter.  But wishing is really nothing but not acting on a good idea, so I am answering the call to bring twitter to my colleagues.

Next Tuesday Nov 13 from 4-6 I will host the first Palo Alto Technology Using Educators (PATUE) meeting at Kehillah Jewish High School.
PATUE, Palo Alto Twitter Using Educators will host their first tweet-in, basics and beginnings on Nov 13, 2012 at KJHS in Palo Alto


The first hour (#PATUE class) will be an entry-level workshop on:
  1. How twitter has transformed my teaching
  2. How to set up a professional account, build a professional platform
  3. How to find people and interact
  4. Feeding and care of  PLN
This workshop will also give you a chance to meet and greet educators in the area working on integrating tech into their workflow.

In the Second Hour (#PATUE Chat)
We will be talking in person and online with digital curation experts about curation for the classroom.  Our in-the-room experts for this will be Livebinders.com founders Tina and Barbara, and Scott one of the principals at Claco.comAmy Erin Borovoy, a video curator from Edutopia.com will also be joining us via twitter chat.

Twitter is a great network, but my relationship with the tool changed when I really started to see and value the people on the other side of the tool.  I am inviting as many people as I can in person and they are nervous and they don't know anything about twitter.  That is great, we are going to learn this stuff together.

Please leave a comment to let me know you are coming, I will have a room, a screen wifi and a plan, bring your laptops, questions, and love of learning, because learning is living.

Comments

Sam Patterson said…
Great, We have a good number of folks coming, it should be great. You are gonna love my tech assistant.