Digital Handwriting as Content Creation


Link to another discussion of Handwriting

Comments

Paul Solarz said…
I love it and I want to steal the idea and have my students do it too! Dumb question - How did you upload the images - did you scan them?
Sam Patterson said…
Not dumb at all. I am using a livescribe pen (click on the tag to see all the other posts). This pen, writing on microdot paper, capture the image and will export as a PNG or a PDF.

The pen can also capture the audio in the room, but here I am just using the handwriting.

This allows me to transfer without scanning, it is very quick once I dock the pen
I was wondering about the digital pen too. Will definitely get one of those!

I can see the pen being especially valuable for students who think using pictures as well as words. The pencil and paper allow for sketching and brainstorming. Many published authors use illustrations in their writer's notebooks: http://wp.me/p1Dq2f-DP

Great idea!