Building Your PLN- Gratitude Builds Relationships


When I work with my kids on digital citizenship I talk about Personal learning Networks and how they are an ongoing exchange.  One of the best ways you can interact with others is to share your own gratitude.  As a case in point, My wife runs the site soundsofsilentspirits.org, and the accompanying facebook page.  Recently she put together a post thanking people in animal rescue for the work they do.

She didn't do this the generate page views, she did it because animal rescue work is very emotionally engaging and difficult.  In almost no time the post went crazy.  When I pulled this screen shot the post had over 21 THOUSAND shares.    My wife and I have been talking about this, and not just because I am competitive.

When I told her how the post had taken off she was completely surprised, especially since the revision of facebook pages our views have been down considerably.  This post connected with people and motivated them to share, and this is all the power of honest gratitude.  As my wife often reminds me: find your gratitude and don't keep it a secret.

Comments