Building your PLN, Assisted Curation: Scoop.it and Storify

This post is the second is a series looking at types of curation.  Today I want to explore assisted curation with you.  In assisted curation the user selects from suggested topics or search results.  In Scoop.it I created a Topic and set up a few ongoing searches.  This creates a bank of stories I actively curate.  I can discard a story or "scoop it" into my topic.

The Curated Content from Scoop.it can improve the quality of your content across several platforms.
1. Feed your Feeds
As I scoop a story I include it in my topic, but I also get the option of publishing the story individually to my Twitter feed, FaceBook page, and LinkedIn posts.  This gives me a great rich content source for my PLN.  Finding and sharing good content is one of the ways I serve my learning community.

2. Embed it
My Scoop.it topic has an embed code with a number of different formats.  This allows me to embed a scoop.it on my blog and be able to update and modify the feature without ever signing in to the blog.  As i keep my topic updated, the embedded topic remains up to date automatically




3. Share it with others on Scoop.it
Scoop.it's full potential is realized when users know about other topics and suggest stories to other users.  When I am sorting threw the suggestions left for me, I always have the option of suggesting the story to another user or topic.  I have done this a couple of times, but even though I can see many users from my Twitter-based PLN I have not exchanged much with them on Scoop.it.

Storify is assisted in that they have brought several platforms to the same window and made it easy to search and grab content.  

Storify gives you a "first-person" experience as the reader, you "see" the tweets.  Storify also allows you to add notes to the original tweets.  One of the best ways to see the potential is to let the tool speak for itself:



Comments

ADmin said…
There are numerous individuals who feel that article composing may be a thing of the past. we at http://hwsolvers.com have a tendency to oppose this idea.
Anonymous said…
Your post is very interesting.
Visit this site free programming help globalproganswer.com They helped me.